Our baby girl is 8 months old today! Leah is moving around and getting into everything she can. She still army crawls, but sometimes takes a few crawls with her stomach off the ground. Her major milestone this month is that she can now pull up! She is a pro at getting up to her knees, and is quickly mastering standing all the way up. Leah also points at things and looks at me so I'll tell her what it is. She did this the other day with the springy door stop on the baseboard in her room. I springed it and she sort of half laughed/half cried. I held her in my lap and did it again, and she fussed, so I stopped. Well, when I put her down again, she accidentally kicked it and made the noise again. I've never seen her jump back in my arms so fast!!! So, note to everyone who might baby-sit, Leah does not like to play with the springy door stops! :)
Hi mom!
Could she look any more mischevious?
Leah is also eating more food and having less formula now. She eats everything we give her and doesn't seem to have any foods that she doesn't like. Thank goodness she isn't picky like her mom! She is eating meats (beef, turkey, and chicken), lots of veggies and fruits, and is feeding herself small finger foods. I'm going to start saving little bits of actual turkey and chicken when I cook it so she can have that too sometimes. Leah is still working on getting some teeth, and I'm hoping some of her clinginess is because they are trying to come through. I thought she was getting one back in April, but it must have gone back in because I don't feel it anymore.
Leah loves to talk, and will quickly let you know if she is upset about something! When she is frustrated, she growls and grunts. When she is mad (like when I pull her away from eating something she shouldn't be eating, like the drawer pulls on the coffee table), I definitely hear about it! Leah knows the pulls open the doors on the entertainment center, and gets mad at them when she pulls and they won't open for her. Since we've been home for the summer, she has become a bit more clingy than she was before. I call her my little starfish because she likes to be touching me in some way while she plays, and if I get up to do something fast in the kitchen, she gets upset.
We've been having fun this summer, being home together. We're doing too much shopping at Target, swimming a little, and mostly staying indoors out of the heat! June flew by too fast, and I'm sure July will do the same. Slow down a little, I'm not ready to be back at work!
No comments:
Post a Comment