It's October in Texas, and that means State Fair time! I took the afternoon off work on Friday so we could head down and enjoy everything before it got too crowded. We were excited to spend the afternoon with Leah and have fun as a family!
As we were walking around, I heard an announcement being made about a Pee Wee Stampede starting. I asked Leah if she wanted to do it, and she said yes! She got suited up in her hat, and her number pinned to her back.
She "rode" her horse around the arena, and her event was calf roping. Basically, she ran out to the middle and knocked over a pretend calf.
Leah got a ribbon for participating. Can you tell it must have been hot, hard work roping that calf?
After the rodeo, we went to feed the animals at the petting zoo. Always fun! They had two goats who delivered babies the day before...one single and a set of twins! It was neat to see the baby goats just a day after being born.
Every year, Eric and Leah take a picture with Big Tex.
Of course, we had to get a Fletcher's corn dog while we were there! I tried to get Leah to smile with it, but she said "Mom, I'm busy eating!"
Elsie the Cow
At the end, Leah rode the rides. She picked the airplanes again, plus two new rides...the flying elephants and the racecars!
We had an awesome afternoon at the fair, and I wish I had taken a picture of Leah about 5 minutes after getting in the car...completely zonked out! See you next year, Big Tex!
No comments:
Post a Comment