Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stop Blinking!

I guess I need to make it a habit to sit down at least every two weeks and blog about what's going on with us!  I kept saying, oh, I blogged at the beginning of March.  Then I realized, it's the middle of April!  Yikes!  So, sit back, relax, and I'll tell you what we've been up to!
 I have a wonderful parent in my room this year who is kind enough to bring me clothes and things her daughter has outgrown.  A few weeks ago, she brought me a huge bag of dress up clothes!  Leah already has a big box of "fancy shoes" (as she calls them), so now she has fancy dresses to go with them!  She feels so grown up and "like a princess, Mommy" in her new dresses!
 Just last week, Leah had her first Luby's meal.  It's about time, since both my mom and I grew up going to Luby's quite often.  At first, Leah didn't quite understand the process of getting a tray and moving down the line, but it didn't take her long to pick up on what she needed to do to get her food!

 She also had jello for the first time!  I think it would have been a better experience if she hadn't chosen lime, but I'm sure we'll be back at Luby's for her to try again!
 Leah started swimming lessons about a month ago.  Since we knew we were getting a boat from Grandpa, we wanted to make sure Leah was ready for the lake this summer.  In class, she does great!  She is already jumping off the side to me and holding her breath for 6 seconds underwater.  She is the happiest little girl in the water!

What we are working on is when swimming is done and it's time to get out.  You have never seen a child more mad than my daughter at the end of swimming.  Usually I endure her screaming and tears while we get changed, but then that means I also endure the looks from the other parents when we emerge from the changing room.  One day, I just grabbed our bag and bee-lined for the car in just our bathing suits so I wouldn't have to go through that again.  Thank goodness I didn't get pulled over or anything!  Both of us in bathing suits, no shoes and dripping wet hair would have been a sight for the officer!

The picture above was taken last week after Leah finally ended swim lessons without a fit!  She got an awesome yellow necklace from her teacher, and I couldn't resist taking a picture of her in her new sunglasses too.  Here's hoping the happiness after swimming is permanent!

 Yesterday, we went to the grand opening of our new Cabela's near our house.  Eric found Leah a pop gun, and taught her how to use it.  Starting her off early!
 We also checked out the boat section.  Leah thought she was big stuff sitting in the driver's seat!
Daddy and Leah sitting outside Cabela's...who looks more excited?  :)

Whew!  You made it!  I think we're all caught up now on what we've been up to around here.  I promise to post more often in the upcoming weeks!

No comments: