Leah has her first cold, just one week into daycare. I noticed she was breathing heavy Thursday night and was still doing it Friday. She wasn't eating as well either because she couldn't breathe. So we took her to the doctor Friday evening (a fabulous after hours place in Plano, if any of you moms ever need somewhere to take your little one). She was seen in about 10 minutes and, sure enough, it's an upper respiratory infection. Yippee! We have to increase how often we use saline to suck out her nose (always fun) and continue using the humidifier. Other than that, we just wait it out and make sure her breathing doesn't get worse. She doesn't seem to mind too much, still her smiley self, except when we do the saline. :) I hope she feels better soon!
2 comments:
Oh no! Winter is hard. Kai had upper resp. infections all the time. So much that they thought he had Asthma, which I am still not convinced. It sucks that they can't just give her something to make it go away. I hate the wait and watch. Hope she feels better soon.
Sarah-
RSV is VERY bad this season. If you have doubts, take Leah in ASAP.
All 3 of mine had RSV...diagnosed on Dec. 11
It took 1 month to get breathing back to normal...hang in there and let me know if you have any questions.
Post a Comment