Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break!

Last week was spring break, and we had so much fun!  Nana came in town for the whole week!  Leah was so excited to have her Nana come stay with us. 

Lately, Leah has been showing her sassy side when I ask her to take a picture.  She always has a pose ready! 
 This is her ballet outfit.  If you look closely, she has on a pink tutu with her Olivia leggings and shoes.  She ran around with those shoes on most days.  Good thing she's going to princess camp this summer!  I think she's ready!
 I think we're in trouble when she hits teenage years...

Leah got to take an extra Little Gym class last week, since we had the time off.  Her teachers really bumped up the skills in her class, and Leah did great!  She was practicing many different skills on the bar, one right after the other.

The best part of Nana being in town was that Eric and I got to get away for a few days!  We headed to Fort Worth and spent time exploring.  We went to some museums and the stock yards.  We caught the daily cattle "drive" (they only walk a little bit down the road).  It was nice to be on our own for a few days, but it definitely felt odd without Leah!  We missed her!

The best thing about being on spring break was that I really got to see the new things Leah was doing.  She has gotten really in to puzzles, and can put together 100 piece puzzles with little help.  Wow!  She's only 3 1/2!  She has become extremely independent, and will redo something she wanted to do on her own if you do it for her.  Like if you get her spoon out, she will take it and put it back in the drawer, so she can open it, get it out and close the drawer on her own.  She will sit and read you stories (as in she makes up her own to go along with the pictures) for as long as you'll listen to her.  She loves to play teacher (hmmm, I wonder where she gets it?).  When I look at her now, I see a little kid instead of a baby or toddler.  I don't know where the time has gone!  All in all, it was a fabulous spring break, and it only made me more ready for summer!

No comments: