Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lately

Summer is in full swing at our house!  It's already hitting 100 degrees almost daily, so we are spending time at splash parks and pools everyday.  Leah is still doing a great job practicing her swimming, and her lessons start back up on Monday morning!  This time, I don't swim with her, so it will be interesting to see how she does waiting her turn.  ;)  We went to a splash park last week with one of our friends, Cash, and his mommy Stephanie.  Leah was so sweet with Cash!
 She filled up the bucket over and over to bring Cash water to play with and splash in.  What a little "mommy"!
 I have also been writing down all of the hilarious things Leah has been saying lately.  She is so funny, and has impecable timing.  I love it that our sweet girl has such a funny bone!
  •  The other night after her bath, she was clapping and singing.  When I started clapping too, she turned and said "Gimme a beat!"  What a hoot!
  • We were in the car and she wanted me to turn around and look at her for the 100th time in 5 minutes.  "Look, mommy, look mommy, look mommy."  I told her to just wait, and then I hear "Look, Sarah".  Goober!
  • We decided to walk around downtown one day.  While Eric was getting the stroller, Leah told me her plan:  "First, I get in my stroller and ride.  Then we get in a store and I walk.  How 'bout that sound?"  (She was going for "How does that sound?" with the last question.)
  •  My driving habits are rubbing off on Leah...A car pulled out in front of us in a parking lot without looking.  I sighed at the driver (yes, I'm impatient), and Leah asked what was wrong.  When I told her, she said "Go, guy, go guy, tell him mommy!"  I think I need to keep my thoughts about other drivers to myself more often!  :)
  • If Leah ever asks you "What's your number?", she doesn't want to call you.  She wants to know how old you are!  I don't know where she got those words to ask that question, but I wanted you to be prepared.
I love being home with Leah everyday this summer!  It's such a nice change to spend time together instead of having to rush around like during the school year.  It's already going by too fast!

No comments: