Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yoga

Eric and I have started a new workout program. One day per week, we do yoga. Leah woke up from her nap just as Eric was finishing up, and she decided to join him! Here they are doing, appropriately enough, child's pose.


In other updates, we've just been busy busy busy! Leah is moving up to the 2 year old room this week, so we're hoping that transition goes well. She told me today in the car about "Mille" (Miss Camille) and "Bit-ney" (Miss Brittany), her new teachers. She is moving up with 3 friends from her current classroom, so I think she'll be fine!

Her language is just amazing. I know I'm probably a little biased, and I'm not around many other toddlers, but here's what she said just today:

When I picked her up this afternoon, I gave her a full juice cup and took her empty one out of her cubby. She asked for the one I had, and I told her it was empty. She held up hers and said "full".

Her class made ghosts from their footprints, and they were hanging on the wall as we were leaving. She pointed to the eyes and said "eyes, blink". I have never even used "blink" around her. She just picks it up out of thin air it seems!

The best part of the afternoon was when we went to get more food for Montana. After the lady put the food in our car, Leah said "Thank you, bye bye" to her. I told her I was proud of her for using her manners. She turned to me and said "Proud YOU, Mommy" and stroked my cheek. It brought tears to my eyes!

I'm working on getting a video of her singing "Twinkle Twinkle" or "Baa Baa Black Sheep", but everytime I try, she sings one line and wants to see herself on the camera.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

amazing what normal hearing can do!!! you would think doing what you've done for so long, you'd get that! : )