It's been an interesting week here! Leah began running a temperature of 101.6 Monday night. After a short freak out on my part, I remembered the nurse saying one of her vaccines was a delayed response vaccine, and she might run a temperature 7-10 days after her shot. It was exactly 7 days after her appointment, so I chalked it up to her vaccine. But she kept running a low temperature Tuesday and Wednesday, always around 100.5 during the day, and spiking up to 102 before bed. Poor Leah was cranky and irritable and just not herself.
Finally on Thursday, we kept her home from school so Eric could take her to the doctor. When he took her in, they said she didn't seem sick and everything looked fine in her ears and chest. The doctor said her gums were really red and her fevers were most likely just due to teething. It turns out she was working on 4 teeth at once! They must have all broken through last night (she didn't sleep very well), because she was back to her normal self this morning. But FOUR teeth at once!!! No wonder she was cranky! Thank goodness that's behind us now.
Now, on a much happier note, I wanted to brag on Leah's teachers this year. When I came to get her this afternoon, they were telling me a new teacher would be starting full-time on Monday. This teacher has been in the room subbing, but she's taking on a bigger role now. One of Leah's teachers showed me how they were working together to plan out the day for the kids, including circle time, reading, songs, art, and what signs/words they would be learning. How I loved seeing that!!!! Just because the kids are only 1, that doesn't mean they can't start learning some school "structure"! I'm sure it's nothing like preschool, but I love how they have small parts of the day planned with activities. They even write on her sheet what book they read together and what signs they worked on. Leah is in such a fabulous room this year with such fabulous teachers!
Life is a marathon when raising triplets
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment