Monday, September 28, 2009

11 Months Old

Leah is 11 months old today! She had two big things happen in the last month...
One is that she is walking! She still only makes it about 4-5 steps before falling, but yesterday she walked across my mom's living room, which was about 10 steps. She usually realizes she's close to where ever she is going, then flings herself forward to make it before falling. She is getting more confident in walking where she wants to go, instead of just crawling.

The other thing is...Leah FINALLY has a tooth! A couple of days after she started walking, I felt on her bottom gum, and lo and behold, I felt something sharp! Now you can really see it when you're looking in her mouth, but it's hard to see just when she's smiling.

Leah loves to read, and that's how we spend a lot of the afternoon after we get home from school. Her favorite books right now are "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and "Moo, Baa, La La La". She likes to be read to first, then she has to "read" on her own 2 or 3 times after that. She likes to turn the pages and point to the pictures.

Leah is just growing up so much (I think I write that every month). We can't wait for her birthday party next month, and all the fun she will bring until then!

No comments: