For the past six days, Eric, Leah and I have been on a traveling adventure! We drove (yes, drove) up to Cincinnati so Leah could meet Eric's extended family. Eric's mom hadn't seen Leah for a few months, and his dad and brothers hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving. We were very excited to see everyone again!
We left last Thursday for Memphis to stay the night, then we got up Friday and made the last leg to Cincinnati. Leah did fantastic on the car ride, napping and playing and being an overall good sport about being in the car 9 hours each day. We stayed in Cincinnati Saturday and Sunday, then headed back Monday and Tuesday. Leah stayed in a hotel for the first time, and slept wonderfully every night. We were in the same room with her, which I worried a little about, but of course, she did great! I'm really beginning to realize what an awesomely easy-going child I have! She did not get that from me...
Here are some...well, a lot of pictures!

Where are we going Mom? What is this thing for?

Leah met Eric's dad's side of the family on Saturday for a barbeque lunch. All the guys gathered on the back deck, and all the women gathered in the living room to play with Leah!

Leah with Eric's great aunt Chris

What up yo?

Leah's uncles like to put hats on her, can you tell?

Grandpa John!

Nana and Leah playing with her new doll

Graeter's Ice Cream...better than Blue Bell! We braved the rain storm to run in and get our scoops, and we had to have our picture taken under the sign.

On Sunday, we went to Eric's mom's parents' house to spend the afternoon. We had another great lunch and spent some time outside enjoying the wonderful weather. The highs in Cincinnati while we were there were in the mid-80s. Aaahhh...

Leah and her great grandmother

Leah and her great grandparents

Monday and Tuesday were spent heading back home, two more long days in the car. Leah passed the time by doing some light reading.

What?! We're home?! Hooray!
Hours spent driving in the car: 36
Miles driven over six days: 1970
Average night's sleep for mom and dad: 5 hours
Leah meeting her extended family for the first time: priceless
1 comment:
I'm glad y'all had a great trip! I especially love the picture of Leah reading in the car. She looks like she is really reading! But I bet she probably is..
Post a Comment