Tuesday, March 3, 2009

4 Months Already!

Leah turned 4 months old on February 28! She is, without a doubt, getting bigger everyday and growing up way too fast! Just this morning I was holding her with her laying in one arm, and I commented to Eric, "Remember when she would lay like this and her feet didn't go past our hand, and she would just lay for hours?" Well, today when I held her like that, her feet were hanging way past my hand, and she was trying to lift up her head so she could see everything around her better. I guess she's grown out of that!

We went to the doctor today, and here are her latest numbers...

Weight: 15 lbs 10 oz (90th percentile, and up almost 4 lbs from her 2 month visit!!!!!!!)
Height: 26 inches (97th percentile, and up over 2 inches from her 2 month visit)
Head Circumference: 17 inches (97th percentile, and up 1 inch from her 2 month visit)

She now likes to grab for things, and of course, all of those things go directly in her mouth. She is a drool machine and goes through at least 3 bibs a day just because of drool. We heard her first good laugh this past weekend while bouncing on my knee while I sang "Humpty Dumpty". We've discovered she's a delayed laugher....she laughs after the funny part is finished. When I zerbert (sp?) her belly, she laughs only after I'm done, not while it's tickling her. She is a champion roller, getting on her belly so fast, you'll miss it if you blink.

Leah also now eats 8 oz bottles, as well as cereal in the evening. We started making the cereal thicker, and she takes it much better now. I think before, when we made it so runny, she was thinking, "Why are you people feeding me formula with a spoon? Hello?!" Because Leah is eating so well, we decided to skip her late evening feeding now and she's sleeping 12 hours!!!! Hooray for sleeping babies!

She is showing her personality more and more, and we love it! Everyday is so much fun, and she can entertain herself for longer periods of time playing on her mat or in her jumperoo. Now that she goes 4 hours between feedings, that also means we can get out on longer trips during the day, which has made things easier. All in all, it's going well, we can't complain!

No comments: