Our first week home has been an eventful one! On Monday, Leah went for her first pediatrician visit for a weight check and to see if her jaundice had gone down. She still weighed only 8 lbs 3 oz, so hopefully when we go back next week, she'll have gained more weight and be closer to her birth weight again. She had an eating spree yesterday, nursing every hour and a half, so hopefully that caught her up a little bit in weight. Her jaundice is gone and the doctor said everything looked great!
I called my doctor that afternoon because I had noticed a red sore spot on my calf that had become hard and painful. Since I had a C-section, I was prone to blood clots, so sure enough, the doctor sent me to the hospital Monday night to get an ultrasound done on my leg. I have a clot in my calf, but it's not a deep clot, so I just take an aspirin a day until it dissolves. But it was still very nerve-racking to be back at the hospital with a newborn hoping I didn't get admitted to treat the clot. On Tuesday, we had to get back in the car to go to my doctor so she could look at my leg and discuss the treatment for the clot. We thought that was enough driving around and getting Leah out when she was only a week old and we were hoping for a quiet Wednesday....
Of course that's not what happened! Wednesday afternoon I noticed Leah was turning blue around her eyes and between her nose and mouth. So we bundled her up in the car seat yet again and set off to the doctor. They checked her oxygen levels and her heart and lungs. Everything looked good, and they said it was just a fluke thing and as long as she was not labored in her breathing, she was fine. With the jaundice gone, we were probably just able to see the blood around her eyes and mouth because the skin is so thin there. Still, a very scary time for mom and the Nanas!
Yesterday we finally had a quiet day at home, except for her growth spurt feedings. Hopefully today will be a calm day!
Life is a marathon when raising triplets
12 years ago
2 comments:
Wow-what a week. I was a little worried that I hadn't seen any new posts and yoiu had to stay Friday in ther hospital. I put it off to just being a worry wart and new baby exhaustion. I am so glad you had at least one less stressful day. Hope it stays calm and no more extra visits to the hospital and/or doctor.
The fact that you have time to blog at length with a newborn makes you my hero.....Happy for you all.
Deborah
Post a Comment